In order to create invoices for your clients, a few things are required.
- In the options – Food Categories set up, add prices for your items.
- In the Client screen, on the Billing Tab, make sure you check the Billable box for the clients who will be billed.
- Also on the billing tab of the clients screen you can set the billing contact info, as well as any override pricing for the client.
The Billing Screen
The billing screen has three tabs; Invoices, Payments, and Reports.
- Enter the desired invoice date. When you run invoices, all delivery and payment activity on or before this date, that has not been previously invoiced, will be picked up for the invoice run.
- The due date will be displayed on the invoices
- If you check “Print on Letterhead” The agency address will not display at the top of the invoice. You can edit this in the Billing tab of the Options – System Options screen.
- The Route Order check box will print the invoices in route order. This is helpful if your drivers hand deliver the invoices.
The Pre-Filter List Button
This will open a new window where you can filter the list of clients to be included in the invoice run.
The initial filter can be based off of an assigned client type. In this example clients have been assigned into weekly and monthly billing groups. Click the selected type, then click Re-Build List and you will see the list of clients. You may then check and uncheck clients as desired to include them in the billing run.
If you skip this step, or do not select any clients, all clients will be included.
Review Invoices Button
This will generate a preview of the invoices. No data will be changed.
Generate Invoices Button
This will generate the invoices for printing. All the affected delivery and payment records will be updated to indicate they have been invoiced. If you need to reprint the invoices, use the reprint invoice routine on the right. You can not Undue this, so make sure you have previewed first and are happy with the results.
The Payments Tab
- Select the client
- Enter the date (it will default to the date entered at the top)
- Enter the amount. You can enter negative amounts to give credits.
- Optionally, enter a type. The list of types can be modified through the Pick List editor in options, or by double clicking on the field.
- The Type can also just be entered, it does not have to be from the list. So you can use this as a place to enter the check number.
When Payments are entered, they are in a pending state. They will show up in the list on the right and may be edited up until they are invoiced. At that time they are posted to the account and become locked.